As I have been traveling these past 4 months on my Startup Weekend Mission, one thing I asked a handful of people in every community I entered was simply, ” Why do you want to be an entrepreneur?” There are so many people coming to Startup Weekend’s around the world with the aspirations of starting their own companies and knowing the craziness that goes into the startup world, I really wonder what motivates so many people to take action and become an entrepreneur.
From ex-Zynga employees to Teach for America alums to Hurricane Katrina victims to wealthy serial entrepreneurs, I’ve had some of the most interesting and in-depth conversations around this one question. I believe there are some major common themes amongst us within any culture or any background that are important for all aspiration entrepreneurs to know and would love to get your input as I research this further. If you are interesting in giving some feedback I am interested in interviewing you to help collect a true global perspective on this topic. The ultimately goal is to collect enough research to put together a book written by entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs all around the world to continue to motivate and inspire us to take these leaps of faith and truly change the world with our actions.
Here is how you can help:
1. Help repost/retweet this blog so I can gather the widest pool of entrepreneurs from around the world.
2. If you are interested in voicing your thoughts, I would love to hear them. First email me [joey.aquino7(at)gmail(dot)com] answering these few questions:
– Tell me a little about yourself and your background (i.e. my name is Joey Aquino and I grew up in Seattle, Washington where my father was a financial advisor… etc.)
– What do you currently do for occupation? ( i.e. professional eater…)
– What does entrepreneurship mean to you?
– Why are you or do you want to be an entrepreneur?
From there, I would love to interview you more if you have the time via skype or through email.
3. If you are interested in helping develop this research, the more the merrier! Please email me at the listed email address above. My only goals are to be as authentic to this community as possible and help inspire our community to continue to challenge the status quo, to fight through the brick walls we face and revolutionize the world we live in.
I hope you will join me on this journey to tell the stories we live and help push this entrepreneurial movement forward.